Via S. Francesco, 2, 36040 Orgiano VI, Italia
The Villa is an important work by Francesco Muttoni (1668 - 1747) an architect from Lugano. The original projects are in Italian archives and in Washington Congress Library. The monumental baroque structure, rare in the Veneto province, is frequently studied for its decorative elements taken from Palladian tradition. There is an imposing twelve-arched ''barchessa'' with rusticated pilasters beside the villa which links the new building to the fourteenth century courtyard. The park is one of the largest landscape park in the Veneto province; a ''serraglio'', or managerie, was created in te eighteenth century to house animals at liberty. A formal garden with box hedging and four monumental yews faces the villa and one side is the ''brolo'' of fruit trees and vegetables enclosed by box.